Important Committees and Sources of Indian Constitution (Static GK Material for Competitive Exams)
Important Committees and Sources of Indian Constitution, Important Committees of the Constitution of Indian Constitution, Different Sources of the Constitution of India, Government of India Act 1945, Constitution of Ireland, Constitution of Britain, Constitution of Canada, Constitution of USA, Constitution of USSR , Constitution of Australia, Constitution of Germany, Drafting Committee, Steering Committee, G.K.Notes for Railway Exams, Lucent G.K. material, General notes for Exams, Lucent G.K. material for History, Pearson Study Material, History Notes, History Notes for Competitive Exams, One Liners for History.
Table Of Content
- 1 Important Committees and Sources of Indian Constitution
- 2 Important Committees of the Constitution Assembly and their Chairman
- 3 Different Source of the constitution of India.
Important Committees and Sources of Indian Constitution
Important Committees of the Constitution Assembly and their Chairman
The Cabinet Mission envisaged the formation establishment of a Constitution Assembly for Framing the constitution of the country. Provincial Legislative Assemblies elected the members of the Constituent Assembly. Each Indian state and Each province were allotted seats in the the assembly.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad was the chairman of Committee on the on the Rules of Procedure and steering Committee.
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru was the chairman of Finance and Staff committee ; Ad and Hoc committee of National Flag, Union Constitution Committee and Union Committee.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the chairman of State Committee and the Advisory Committee on Fundamental Rights, Minorities and Tribal and Excluded Areas .
- Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar was the head of the Drafting committee .
- B Pattabhi Sitaramayya was the Chairman of the House Committee .
- Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar was the head of Credential Committee.
- K.M Munshi was the head of Order of Business Committee.
- G.V Mavalankar was the chairman of Committee on the Functions of the Constituent Assembly.
- Minorities Sub Committee was headed by H.C Mookhejee
- J.B Kripalani was the chairman of Fundamental Rights Sub – Committee.
- Gopinath Bardoloi was the chairman of North – East Frontier Tribal Areas and Assam Excluded and Partially Excluded Areas Sub Committee.
- A.V Thakkar was the head of the Excluded and Partially Excluded Areas (other than those in Assam) Sub- Committee.
Different Source of the constitution of India.
However the skeleton of the constitution of India was derived from the government of India Act 1935, many provisions were taken from the constitution of other countries of the world. Some of them are
Government of India Act ,1935
- The skeleton of Indian Constitution was derived from the Government of India Act.
- The features of federal system, office of governor, Emergency powers etc were derived from GOI, 1935.
Constitution of Ireland
- Directive Principles of state policy, method of presidential elections , and the nomination of members to Rajya Sabha by the President .
Constitution of Britain
- The provisions imported from the Constitution of Britain are -Law making procedures, Rule of Law , Single citizenship , Bi-cameral Parliamentary system, office of CAG.
Constitution of Canada
- The provisions taken from constitution of Canada are – Federation with strong Centre, to provide residuary power to the Centre , Supreme Courts advisory jurisdiction.
Constitution of USA
- Provisions taken from constitution of USA are : Independence of judiciary, judicial review , fundamental rights, removal of Supreme Court and High Court Judges, Preamble and functions of the President and Vice – President.
Constitution of Germany
- Provisions concerning the Suspension of fundamental rights during emergency .
Constitution of USSR
- The provisions taken from the constitution of USSR (Former) are Fundamental Duties and Ideals of justice in Preamble .
Weimar constitutions of Germany
- Provisions concerning the suspension of fundamental rights during emergency.
Constitution of Australia
- The provision taken from the constitution of Australia are Idea of the concurrent List , Trade and commerce provisions .
Also Read :
- Notes of Constitution of India
- Important Articles of Indian Constitution
- Indian History Notes
- C.R. Formula, Wavell Plan, Cabinet Mission
- Mahatma Gandhi and his role in the Freedom Struggle
- Current Affairs June II
- Current Affairs June I
- Current Affairs May II
- History Notes Part XXVI
- Current Affairs (May)
- History Notes XXV
- History Notes XXIV
- History Notes XXIII
- History Notes XXII
- History Notes XXI
- History Notes XX
- History Notes Part XIX
- History Notes Part XVIII
- History Notes Part XVII
- History Notes Part XVI
- History Notes Part XV
- History Notes Part XIV
- History Notes Part XIII
- History Notes Part XII
- History Notes Part XI
- History Notes Part X
- History Notes Part IX
- History Notes Part VIII
- History Notes Part VII
- History Notes Part VI
- History Notes Part V
- History Notes Part IV
- History Notes III
- History Notes II
- Geography Notes III
- Geography Notes II
- History Notes
- Countries and their Capitals
- Nicknames of Cities of India and World
- Geography Notes Important Definitions
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics III
- Geography Notes I
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics II
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics
- Important Facts About Metals
- Important Chemistry Terms
- Important Discoveries and Inventions Part 2
- Important Discoveries and Inventions Part 1
- Important Elements and Their Symbols
- Cups and Trophies (Associated with Sports / Games)
- Important (India and World) Days
- List of States, Capital, Chief Ministers and Governors
- Important Books and Authors
- General Knowledge for RRB Group D 2018 Exam | Present and First of India
- Important Questions from Biology