History Notes Part XXVIII – C.R. Formula, Wavell Plan, Cabinet Mission (Static GK Material for Competitive Exams)
Gandhiji’s Fast, Quit India Movement, C.R. Formula, Chakravarti Rajagopalachari, V.B. Savarkar, Lord Wavell,Simla Conference, British Prime Minister, Lord Atlee, Cabinet Mission Plan, Lucent G.K. material for History, Pearson Study Material, History Notes, History Notes for Competitive Exams, One Liners for History.
Table Of Content
C.R. Formula, Wavell Plan, Cabinet Mission
Gandhiji’s Fast (10 Feb-7 March, 1943)
- Gandhiji undertook a 21-day fast in Jail.
- The fast of Gandhiji was his answer to the government which had been constantly exhorting him to condemn the violence of the people in the Quit India Movement.
- Gandhiji held the government responsible for violence but he himself refused to condemn people restoring the violence.
C.R. Formula (1944)
- C.R. formula was a proposal formulated by Chakravarti Rajagopalachari.
- It proposed to appoint a commission to define the limit or boundaries of the districts in North-West and East where Muslims were in majority.
- It was proposed to held a plebiscite on the basis of adult suffrage to decide the issue of separation. In case of partition, joint agreements to be made for safeguarding of defence, communications and commerce.
- The talks or the proposals were failure as
- Jinnah had objections as he wanted the Indian National Congress to accept the Two Nation Theory.
- Jinnah wanted only Muslims of North-West and East of India to vote in the plebiscite.
- Hence the Hindu led by V.B. Savarkar condemned the plan.
Wavell Plan and Shimla Conference ( June 14-July 14, 1945)
- The situation of the country was worsening day by day as a result of the deteriorating economic situation and famines.
- The British Government had to come up with plans to make the situation under control and to satisfy the Indians.
- Lord Wavell, the Viceroy of India, issued a statement known as Wavell Plan. The plan proposed certain changes in the structure of the council.
- Out of the many proposals the main proposal was that the Executive Council would be constituted giving a balanced representation to the main communities in it.
- It’ will include equal representation to the Muslims and Hindus.
- Soon after the Wavell Plan was issued the members of Congress working committee were released from jails.
- A conference of 22 prominent Indian leaders were called at Shimla to consider the Wavell Plan but it reached no decision.
Cabinet Mission Plan
- The British Prime Minister, Lord Atlee, made a declaration on 15 March 1946. According to that British Cabinet Mission would visit India to make recommendations.
- The United Kingdom Cabinet Mission of 1946 came to India aimed to discuss the transfer of power from the British government to the Indian leadership, with the aim of preserving India’s unity and granting it independence.
Also Read :
- Mahatma Gandhi and his role in the Freedom Struggle
- Current Affairs June II
- Current Affairs June I
- Current Affairs May II
- History Notes Part XXVI
- Current Affairs (May)
- History Notes XXV
- History Notes XXIV
- History Notes XXIII
- History Notes XXII
- History Notes XXI
- History Notes XX
- History Notes Part XIX
- History Notes Part XVIII
- History Notes Part XVII
- History Notes Part XVI
- History Notes Part XV
- History Notes Part XIV
- History Notes Part XIII
- History Notes Part XII
- History Notes Part XI
- History Notes Part X
- History Notes Part IX
- History Notes Part VIII
- History Notes Part VII
- History Notes Part VI
- History Notes Part V
- History Notes Part IV
- History Notes III
- History Notes II
- Geography Notes III
- Geography Notes II
- History Notes
- Countries and their Capitals
- Nicknames of Cities of India and World
- Geography Notes Important Definitions
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics III
- Geography Notes I
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics II
- Important Definitions and Laws of Physics
- Important Facts About Metals
- Important Chemistry Terms
- Important Discoveries and Inventions Part 2
- Important Discoveries and Inventions Part 1
- Important Elements and Their Symbols
- Cups and Trophies (Associated with Sports / Games)
- Important (India and World) Days
- List of States, Capital, Chief Ministers and Governors
- Important Books and Authors
- General Knowledge for RRB Group D 2018 Exam | Present and First of India
- Important Questions from Biology