22 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily GK Digest
Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Table Of Content
Current Affairs National
Govt approves Ayushman Bharat health protection scheme
- The Union Cabinet approved launch of the government’s flagship Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) on Monday, over a month after finance minister Arun Jaitley announced it in his budget speech.
- The two key initiatives of Ayushman Bharat are the implementation of the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS), which offers insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh to every vulnerable family, and strengthening of the country’s primary healthcare delivery system.
India looks to Nepal to revive Yamuna river
- As part of its first trans-country river-linking project, the government is approaching Nepal to bring surplus water from the Sharda river, also known as the Mahakali, on the border with Nepal to the Yamuna near Delhi.
- The project is part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious plan of interlinking 31 rivers and divert surplus water to arid areas.
Satya Pal Malik takes additional charge as Odisha governor
- Bihar governor Satya Pal Malik on Wednesday took additional charge as governor of Odisha following completion of incumbent SC Jamir’s tenure.
- Chief Justice of Orissa High Court Vineet Saran administered the oath of office to Malik in a brief ceremony held at Raj Bhavan in Bhubaneswar.
106th Indian Science Congress to be held in Bhopal
- General President-elect, 106th Indian Science Congress Association, Prof. Manoj Kumar Chakrabarti announced that the 106th edition of the Indian Science Congress will be held next year from 3rd to 7th January, 2019 at Barkatullah University Bhopal.
- The theme will be “Future India: Science & Technology”.
Shri Atul M. Gotsurve appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Shri Atul M. Gotsurve , currently Director in the Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Govt extends facility of fixed term employment for all sectors
- The government has extended the facility of hiring workers on fixed term employment to all sectors for improving the ease of doing business for players intending to hire people for completing specified projects, tasks or orders.
- This facility was available only for the apparel manufacturing sector as per the Industrial Establishment (Standing Order) 1946.
SBI, IMGC sign MoU to offer mortgage guarantee backed home loan
- India’s largest lender SBI and India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) today signed a pact to offer mortgage guarantee scheme for prospective non-salaried and self-employed home loan customers.
- The offering will help increase home loan eligibility up to 15 percent within the regulatory norms, the State Bank of India (SBI) said in a statement.
Current Affairs Sports
Sponsorship revenue from cricket accounts for Rs 4700 crore in 2017
- Sports sponsorship revenue led by cricket increased by 14% from the previous year to reach R7,300 crore in 2017, outpacing the overall advertising business, according to a report jointly published on Wednesday by GroupM ESP, the sports and entertainment arm of the media buying agency GroupM, and sports business news company SportzPower.
Current Affairs World
Donald Trump to announce China trade sanctions on Thursday
- US President Donald Trump is poised to unveil sanctions against China for the “theft” of US intellectual property Thursday, a White House official said, teeing up a second potential trade war in as many months.
- Spokesman Raj Shah told AFP that Trump will announce actions following an “investigation into China’s state-led, market-distorting efforts to force, pressure, and steal US technologies and intellectual property.”
Vatican communications chief ‘resigns’ over Lettergate scandal
- Monsignor Dario Vigano, the Italian head of the Vatican communications department who was caught up in the so-called ‘Lettergate’ scandal, has resigned, the Vatican said on Wednesday.
G20 ministerial meeting opens in Buenos Aires
- The first G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors began on Monday in Buenos Aires, with the presence of 57 delegations from countries and institutions.
- The summit, held at the capital’s Center of Exhibitions and Conventions (CEC), gathered 22 finance ministers, 17 central bank governors and 10 heads of international organisations, including IMF Director-General Christine Lagarde and Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme Achim Steiner.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Google remembers Japanese geochemist Katsuko Saruhashi with a special doodle
- Google on Thursday posted a new doodle on its home page to honour pioneering Japanese geochemist Katsuko Saruhashi with a Doodle on her 98th birthday.
- Known for her groundbreaking research focused on acid rain and carbon dioxide level in seawater, Saruhashi became the first woman to earn a doctorate in chemistry from the University of Tokyo in 1957.
Atul Gotsurve appointed as Ambassador to Korea
- Mr. Atul M. Gotsurve, currently Director in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Korea.
India’s NCAA Becomes the World’s First Trusted Digital Repository
- National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO 16363:2012 standard, granted by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB), United Kingdom.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 21 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs