17 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily GK Digest
Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Table Of Content
Current Affairs National
Krishi Unnati Mela begins in Delhi
- PM Modi will address the farmers and lay the foundation stone for 25 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and unveil a portal on organic farming.
- To to ensure welfare and progress of the farmers the govt has to ensure that allied sectors like animal husbandry, fisheries and dairy farming ring in more revenues.
- Spread over 3 days, the Mela will witness PM Modi’s participation on 17th March when he will address the farmers and lay the foundation stone for 25 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and unveil a portal on organic farming.
German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier to visit India next week
- India will host German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier next week. The visit is the first major outreach from Germanyafter the new government led by Chancellor Angela Merkel was sworn in on March 14.
- This will be his first visit to India as the President of Germany.
Pranab Mukherjee Foundation launched
- The Pranab Mukherjee Foundation was formally launched on Thursday evening, in the presence of former President Pranab Mukherjee and a host of dignitaries, including former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, BJP veteran L.K. Advani and Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
- The foundation, its brochure says, “will initiate, support and execute projects that will create and use knowledge, creativity and innovation to improve the quality of life in rural, semi-urban and urban areas and contribute to the building of an inclusive India.”
LaQshya program will benefit every pregnant woman and newborn delivering in public health institutions
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has recently announced the launch of program ‘LaQshya’, aimed at improving quality of care in labour room and maternity Operation Theatre (OT). ‘
- The Program will improve quality of care for pregnant women in labour room, maternity Operation Theatre and Obstetrics Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and High Dependency Units (HDUs).
Ms. Sangeeta Bahadur appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Belarus
- Ms. Sangeeta Bahadur (IFS:1987), currently Additonal Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Belarus.
- She is expected to take up her assignment shortly.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Future Group signed as associate sponsor for Vivo-IPL 2018
- Kishore Biyani-led Future Group has been signed as an associate sponsor with Star India for the upcoming Vivo-IPL 2018.
- Other associate sponsors of the cash-rich cricketing event include MakeMyTrip, Parle Products, AMFI, Asian Paints, Dream 11, Polycab and Vimal Pan Masala.
- The co-presenting sponsors are Vivo, Coca-Cola, and Jio.
New robotics based ‘Digital Export and Import’ Payments launched by YES Bank
- India’s fourth largest private sector bank has launched a new robotics based ‘Digital Export and Import’ Payments solution as a part of its comprehensive YES TRANSACT Smart Trade product suite, to help Importers and Exporters significantly improve their operational efficiencies and fast-track payments.
- The one-of-its kind integrated product introduced for the first time in the Indian market uses robotics process automation and helps in eliminating the requirement of documents submission for import and export payments.
GST collection to cross Rs 90,000 crore a month from April, says CBEC
- The collection of Goods and Services Tax (GST) will see buoyancy from April onwards and will cross Rs 90,000 crore per month, a top official from Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) said.
- In January, the GST collection slipped marginally to Rs 86,318 crore from Rs 86,703 crore in December.
Current Affairs Sports
Tommy Haas announces his retirement from tennis
- Former world number two tennis player Tommy Haas officially announced his retirement from tennis, at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells on Thursday, ending a career that spanned more than two decades.
- The 39-year-old German, a tournament director at the event, announced his decision in an emotional speech shortly after his close friend Roger Federer’s quarter-final victory over South Korea’s Chung Hyeon.
Nepal gain ODI status after win over Papua New Guinea
- After Afghanistan’s rapid rise to prominence in limited-overs cricket, Nepal took a massive step forward after achieving One-day International status on Thursday, after their victory over Papua New Guinea.
Adhiban wins Reykjavik Open
- Baskaran Adhiban clinched the 33rd Reykjavik Open in what was his maiden attempt at the competition on Wednesday night.
- Adhiban, who has been in top form in the tournament, locked horns in the final round against Mustafa Yilmaz.
Current Affairs World
Slovenian PM resigns amid rail project trouble
- Slovenian Prime Minister Miro Cerar resigned late on Wednesday (14 March), hours after a key investment project hit a legal obstacle, saying he had also had enough of obstruction from his coalition partners and pressure from trade unions.
Xi Jinping reappointed as China’s president with no term limits
- Xi Jinping was reappointed Saturday as China’s president with no limit on the number of terms he can serve.
- The National People’s Congress, China’s rubber-stamp legislature, also appointed close Xi ally Wang Qishan to the formerly ceremonial post of vice president.
Mujahid Anwar Khan appointed as Pakistan’s new air chief
- Pakistan on Friday designated Air Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan as the new chief of air staff.
- Khan would take charge from March 19 on the retirement of outgoing air chief Sohail Aman, according to a statement by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Karnataka Bank’s all-woman branch
- Karnataka Bank opened its first all-woman branch at Bull Temple Road in Bengaluru on Wednesday. This is the 800th branch of the bank.
- P Jayarama Bhat, Chairman of the bank, inaugurated the new premises of the Bengaluru regional office of the bank on the occasion.
Odisha govt. to collaborate with RIMES for disaster management
- The Odisha government is set to collaborate with the Thailand-based Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) for strengthening its early warning services and enhancing preparedness for management of hazards in the State.
India’s first cloned Assamese buffalo born
- A cloned Assamese buffalo male calf has been born for the first time, the Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes (CIRB) claimed in Hisar.
- “We used unique methods and produced this clone calf, Sach-Gaurav, on December 22, 2017 through a normal delivery,” CIRB cloning team head PS Yadav said on Thursday.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 16 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs