SSC CGL 2018 Official Notification Released- Direct Link to Apply!
Important Dates for SSC CGL 2018, Application Fee for SSC CGL 2018 Examination, SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility criteria, SSC CGL 2018 Application Form, SSC CGL Selection Procedure, SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern.
Table Of Content
- 1 SSC CGL 2018 official notification released- Direct Link to Apply!
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Important Dates for SSC CGL 2018
- 1.3 Application Fee for SSC CGL 2018 Examination
- 1.4 SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility criteria
- 1.5 SSC CGL 2018 Application Form
- 1.6 SSC CGL Selection Procedure
- 1.7 SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2018 official notification released- Direct Link to Apply!
SSC CGL 2018 Notification has been released on 4th May and candidates will be able to Online application form submission will be started after few hours of notification release. The SSC CGL 2018 Online registration is opened till 4th June. SSC CGL Tier-I exam is to be conducted from 25th July, 2018 to 20th August, 2018 and Tier-II exam will be held from 27th November, 2018 to 30th November, 2018.
SSC CGL Application Form 2018 has been released on 5th May at ssconline.nic.in/. The Staff Selection Commission is expected to release 9000 vacancies by SSC CGL Recruitment 2018 for applicants to recruit them to the position of Inspector, Assistant, Sub Inspector, Tax Assistant, Auditor, and more other.
Important Dates for SSC CGL 2018
|Starting Date||May 5, 2018|
|Last Date||June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Offline Challan Generation End Date||June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Payment Through SBI Challan||June 7, 2018|
|Tier I Exam Date||July 25 to August 20, 2018|
|Tier II Exam Date||November 27-30, 2018|
|Tier III Exam Date||To be notified later|
|Tier IV Exam Date||To be notified later|
Application Fee for SSC CGL 2018 Examination
|For General /OBC candidates||Rs.100/-|
|For SC/ST/PH candidates||Nil|
|For Female candidates||Nil|
Note: The application fees can be paid online through debit/credit card or netbanking.
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility criteria
Candidates of the following Nationalities can apply for SSC CGL 2018 exam:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1stJanuary 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Immigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia with the intent of permanent settlement in India.
The SSC CGL 2018 scores will be used to recruit subordinate staff for various departments hence, additional qualification requirements are there for certain specific posts.
- Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Account Officer
Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college in India.
For the post of AAO, it is desirable of the candidate to possess any one of the following degrees:
- Chartered Accountant.
- Cost & Management Accountant.
- Company Secretary.
- Masters In Commerce.
- Masters in Business Studies.
- Masters in Business Administration (Finance).
- Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard.
The applicant is a graduate from any recognized university with statistics as one of his/her subjects during graduation.
- For Every Other Post: Candidate possessing a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university/institute in India are eligible for SSC CGL 2018.
Students pursuing Final Year of studies can apply for SSC CGL 2018, however, they must present Bachelor’s degree on or before 1st August 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Age Limit
- Age limits fall in between 18 to 32 years (as on 1st August 2018), depending upon the post applied for.
- Age Relaxations are applicable as under:
|PH (GEN)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
SSC CGL 2018 Application Form
How to apply for SSC CGL 2018:
- Log on to the official website www.ssconline.nic.in.
- Fill up the online registration form.
- Carefully check all details entered before submitting the form.
- Once you submit the registration form, a registration ID and password will be provided.
- Make a note of the registration ID and password and keep them safely. These would be required to apply for this examination as well as any other recruitment examination of the Commission.
- After submission of the registration form, upload your latest colour photograph and signature in jpg format. Check the notification for size details.
- Now fill up the online application form.
- After filling online application, pay the fee. Check the notification for details on how to pay the fee online.
- After the fee is paid, your application will be complete and accepted provisionally. Take a printout of this application for your own record.
Please note: Candidates can submit the online application (including payment of fees through online method) only till June 4 (5pm). However, candidates who make the payment through challan of SBI may make the payment to designated branches of SBI by June 7 before 5pm.
Click here to Apply Now
SSC CGL Selection Procedure
SSC CGL is conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I: Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II: Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter/Application Writing)
- Tier -IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
After clearing the cut-off of Tier 1 exam, you will be eligible to appear for Tier 2 & Tier 3. Answer Sheet of SSC CGL Tier 3 will be evaluated for those candidates who will qualify SSC CGL Tier 2 Cut-off. Tier 4 exam (Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test) is applicable to some specific posts only. The Tier 3 result is declared after both Tier 3 and Tier 4 have occurred.
The final result is declared after all the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 are conducted. Final merit list is prepared by considering marks of all the Tier (1, 2, 3). If you do not clear Tier 4 (Skill/Typing test) then you will be eligible for the posts which do not require the typing skills.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Tier I
It is a computer-based online test of 200 marks and the duration is 60 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off.
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
Note: The duration of exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Pattern
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts.
- Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
- Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
- Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
FAQ for SSC CGL 2018- About SSC CGL, Eligibility, Salary, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc
SSC CPO 2018 Recuirement:Exam pattern, Application fees, Admit card, Syllabus,Elligibilty criteria, Result, How to prepare?