23 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily GK Digest
Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Table Of Content
Current Affairs National
Taj Mahal up for ‘adoption’, GMR and ITC in the race
- Consumer products and cigarette company ITC Ltd and a company that is part of infrastructure conglomerate GMR Group are in the race to adopt India’s most iconic monument, the Taj Mahal, under the government’s ‘Adopt A Heritage’ scheme.
- The scheme envisages the adoption of historical sites and monuments by private and state-owned companies.
Centre to declare 2018 as ‘national year of millets’
- Nutrient-rich millets have got a boost with the Union government deciding to declare 2018 as the ‘national year of millets’.
- This decision has been taken following a request by Karnataka, which is the country’s leader in the millet sector.
Delhi HC sets aside notification disqualifying 20 AAP MLAs in office-of-profit case
- The Delhi high court on Friday sets aside Centre’s notification disqualifying 20 AAP MLAs in the office-of-profit case.
- Holding the notification disqualifying the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLAs as bad in law, the high court remanded their plea back to the Election Commission which would hear it afresh.
- The court said there was violation of natural justice as no oral hearing was given to AAP MLAs before disqualifying them as legislators.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Vodafone-Idea merger: Kumar Birla to be chairman of new entity
- Telecom operators Vodafone India and Idea Cellular on Friday announced the leadership team for their soon-to-be-merged entity, with Kumar Mangalam Birla as the non-executive chairman and Balesh Sharma as the new CEO.
- The merger slated to create India’s largest telecom operator in terms of customer base and revenue market share is expected to be completed by June this year, subject to statutory approvals.
15th Finance Commission: Kerala calls meet of southern states’ finance ministers
- Kerala has called a meeting of finance ministers of southern states in Thiruvananthapuram on April 10 to discuss and arrive at a consensus on their response to the terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
- State finance minister Thomas Isaac sent a letter in this regard two days ago, government sources said.
Current Affairs Sports
Vivaan Kapoor wins bronze in trap at junior shooting World Cup
- Teenager Vivaan Kapoor bagged the trap bronze medal in the ISSF junior World Cup here today, continuing the Indian shooting team’s impressive run in the tournament.
- The 16-year-old shooter secured bronze with 30 hits out of 40 clays, finishing ahead of Kun-Pi Yang of Chinese Taipei (26) in the final.
Pankaj Advani qualifies for knockouts at Asian Billiards Championship
- All four Indian cueists, including multiple-time world champion Pankaj Advani, on Thursday qualified for the knockout stage at the Asian Billiards Championship.
- Advani will be up against home favourite Aung Htay, while Dhvaj Haria, who gained top billing, faces Singapore’s Peter Gilchrist in the quarterfinals.
Current Affairs World
Oxford to honour London School of Economics India centre head
- Nicholas Stern, an economist who holds a professorship at the London School of Economics, is among seven experts in different fields to be awarded honorary degrees by the University of Oxford.
- Stern, 71, is the IG Patel professor of economics and government set up to honour a former Reserve Bank of India governor at LSE and the head of its India Observatory
Russia’s Vladimir Putin officially declared winner in presidential vote
- Russian electoral officials have officially declared incumbent President Vladimir Putin the winner of last Sunday’s election.
- The Central Election Commission on Friday issued final results, showing that Putin won nearly 77 percent of the vote.
- Communist candidate Pavel Grudinin came second with nearly 12 percent.
Maldives President Abdulla Yameen lifts state of emergency after 45 days
- Maldives President Abdulla Yameen on Thursday lifted a 45-day state of emergency which had outlawed protests amid political upheaval on the Muslim-majority Indian Ocean island chain.
- Yameen imposed the emergency on February 5 for 15 days after a Supreme Court ruling quashed convictions against nine opposition leaders and ordered his government to free those held in prison.
- He extended the state of emergency by another 30 days with parliament approval, a move challenged by the opposition.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Donald Trump announces John Bolton as new US National Security Adviser after ousting H.R. McMaster
- President Trump named John R. Bolton, a hard-line former American ambassador to the United Nations, as his third national security adviser on Thursday.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 22 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs